April is Child Abuse Prevention Month
Every April is Child Abuse Awareness and Prevention Month. Join Dawson Place in raising awareness and learning how we can be part of the change to end child abuse.
Stay tuned for our April Prevention Month plans for 2021!
Start the Conversation
Help start the conversation on child abuse prevention and awareness. It is up to all of us to be part of the change. Start a conversation with workplace, family, members and friends.
Here are some conversation starters:
1. Talk about touching, consent, and boundaries: it’s NOT ok for anyone to touch kid’s private parts (unless it’s a doctor or a parent changing a diaper).
2. Create Safety Practices: no isolated, 1-on-1 situations between adults and children, use a public space.
3. Know the Signs: changes in moods and behaviors.
4. Watch for behaviors of adults and teens because abuse usually happens by someone the child knows.
5. Teach the correct names for human body parts, including private parts.
6. Speak Up: use your voice to tell a trusted adult and make a report to CPS or law enforcement.
When in doubt, contact Dawson Place Child Advocacy Center.
IF ABUSE IS HAPPENING, DON’T WAIT ANY LONGER
Contact Dawson Place to transform hurt to hope and receive the services you need.